Friday, November 07, 2014

The Government We Deserve

When you consider how I love to rant and complain, you might think it strange that I didn't jump back into blogging as the election neared.  I can't explain it, either, except that I have been so disgusted with what has been going on, and I can see so many problems with this country, and no one trying to solve them, that I simply didn't know where to start. I still don't know, but I'm going to make a stab at it, and start with the election.  What a debacle!

Apparently, we have the elderly people, who made up a majority of the voters this year, to blame. It seems they are so afraid of the cultural changes going on, they ran like Lemmings to the sea, and voted for the very party that wants to hurt them the most.  Won't they be shocked when all of their Part D, Medicare and Supplemental health insurance policies skyrocket next year, because the insurance companies will no longer be restrained.  And, if they're not already on Social Security and Medicare, imagine their reactions when they discover that they won't be eligible until they are 70, when they had been counting on retiring at65 or 66. It'll be hard to feel sorry for them. 

On the other hand, we can also blame the young people, who are so shallow, self-absorbed, sex obssessed and undereducated, that they can't be bothered to look around them and see the problems.  Won't they be surprised when they lose their newly acquired affordable health insurance, or are knocked off of their parents health insurance before age 26.  And, minorities share the blame, too, because they didn't bother to vote, for reasons passing understanding.  

Wait until the government shutdowns begin, again, and when they can't vote in the next election due to all the voter id laws, fewer polling places and fewer early voting opportunities that make it crystal clear that voter suppression has worked.

Also, I blame the Democrats, gutless wonders that they are.  They ran like rabbits from President Obama during their campaigns, and still lost because they looked like a bunch of lily-livered cowards. Imaging a Democratic candidate who refuses to say if she did or didn't vote for Obama in 2012!  All she had to do was say something like, "Oh well, you know, I AM a Democrat after all -or- making a joke of it, she could have said, "I held my nose and voted for him, ha-ha. Next question."

America seems to be in a collective coma and who knows what will happen to make them come out of it and pay attention.

I give up.  I really do.

10 comments:

oklhdan said...

I'm right there with us!

Meryl Baer said...

We can only hope this is the darkness before the dawn - things will get better - unfortunately probably later rather than sooner.

Olga said...

I have been saying that now for a while--we get the government we ask for in this country. Silence joined up with crazy once again and I am wondering how long it will take, how bad it will have to be before it ends.

Anonymous said...

Mid-term elections. Lucky old USA.
I wish that we had them here in the UK.

Linda@VS said...

You're right on every count, Betty!

Arkansas Patti said...

You nailed it Betty. Those who stayed home election day will be the ones who feel that mistake the most.

Anonymous said...

Your frustration mirrors mine. I've just about had my fill. And I have been active in my local party.The people are crazy around here. At least here in Minn we maintained our Dem. Governor and Senator. I feel once again as though I am on my tippy toes trying to maintain my ability to breathe the air of sanity as the oceans of crazy overtake the little island where I stand.

savannah said...

I hear ya, sister! *sigh* xoxoxo

marlu said...

I haven't seen any statistic about the age of voters but hubby and I are 83 and we vote - and not with the majority in this red state of Kansas. Low percentage turn out is just awful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.